JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: Derby, CT
REMOTE / ONSITE: Hybrid
POSTED: Nov 22, 2022
Our client is a chemical consumer goods company looking to add a Regulatory Specialist to their team. Their role would be working with food packaging. The company hiring is small but growing and filled with innovative froward-thinking employees.
$70k – $90k DOE
The Regulatory Specialist will be in charge of developing and maintaining product safety and regulatory programs. This role will be working with GHS, REACH, and global food packaging compliance. The Regulatory Specialist will be trusted to be up to date on emerging regulations and on changes to existing regulations, in particular those regarding food packaging. The person hired will report directly to the Laboratory Director.
Responsibilities of the Regulatory Specialist:
- Create and update product Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and maintain necessary information in ENVIROMSDS software.
- Responsible for GHS classification of products for the US and EU.
- Maintain current raw material SDS and regulatory information.
- Translate SDS phrases into languages used in ENVIRONMSDS.
- Responsible for EU submission of Poison Control Notifications (PCN) and obtaining Unique Formula Identifiers (UFI) for SDS.
- Take charge of EU, UK, Korea, and Turkey REACH compliance and compliance with applicable National Inventories.
- Responsible for California Prop65 warning assessment.
- Ensure compliance with global food packaging regulations (FDA/EU).
- Monitor emerging laws and changes to applicable regulations.
- Assess how a change in information impacts products or the company.
- Complete customer forms and correspond with customers and sales representatives.
- Implement and maintain ISO9001:2015.
- Acts as the ISO 9001 coordinator.
Qualifications of the Regulatory Specialist:
- 2 – 3 years of regulatory experience.
- Experience with food packaging or EHS is preferred.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Medical/dental/vision insurance.
- Paid time off.