JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: Conyers, GA
REMOTE / ONSITE: Onsite
POSTED: Jun 22, 2022
$115k-$125K & Bonus Eligible
The Sanitation Manager conducts the day-to-day sanitation activities for food processing operations to meet company and regulatory guidance. The person in this role will achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction, and foster a culture that drives consistent compliance with all established sanitation regulations for food and process safety. The Sanitation Manager will establish key performance indicators (KPIs) that generate tangible and actionable process improvements. Through department cross-functional communication and practice the Sanitation Manager will ensure food safety and quality are universally understood and exercised.
Responsibilities of the Sanitation Manager:
- Manage the day-to-day implementation of sanitation protocols and safety measures to achieve productivity and quality objectives while ensuring compliance with company and regulatory agency regulations (SSOP, GMP, OSHA, BRC, etc.).
- Ensure pre-operation processes are followed to ensure a bacteria-free equipment re-assembly.
- Monitor the daily activities of assigned staff, providing instructions and performance feedback to ensure that productivity and quality objectives are met or exceeded.
- Identify and resolves process and equipment problems, using available resources to maintain sanitation, productivity, and quality levels.
- Drive process improvements by developing and implementing new ideas, KPIs, and planning for upcoming equipment maintenance or equipment changes.
- Ensure the execution of the sanitation training program to promote smooth operations.
Qualifications of the Sanitation Manager:
- 5 to 7 years of relevant work experience in a food-manufacturing environment with management or supervisory experience.
- Proficient in: food processing and formulation concepts and techniques, quality assurance concepts and techniques, accounting concepts and techniques, sanitation concepts and techniques, chemical properties of sanitizers, OSHA, SSOP, MSDS, HACCP, FSIS, USDA policies and regulations, supervisory concepts and procedures, food processing equipment, budgetary concepts and procedures, food safety concepts and techniques, PC word processing/spreadsheet software.
- Skilled and Able to: supervise and motivate employees in a team-based environment, identify problems or irregularities for early resolution, communicate and coordinate effectively with employees, internal and external customers verbally and in writing, work effectively in a general business environment with a focus on high level quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Engineering, or Business Administration from an accredited university.
- Atrium care package available upon eligibility