JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
REMOTE / ONSITE: Hybrid
POSTED: Jul 25, 2022
Our client, a privately-held multi-faceted real estate investment firm, primarily focused on development and acquisition of office and industrial assets, is seeking a Senior Accountant to support its growing investment platform in its Atlanta, GA headquarters. This individual will be responsible for supporting the accounting functions for their properties under development and operating assets.
$80k – $90k
The Senior Accountant is primarily responsible for accounting responsibilities specific to the development projects under construction and owned operating assets.
Responsibilities of the Senior Accountant:
- Assist with annual budget preparation, including compiling key assumptions and capital budget information, maintaining lease-level budgeting for all tenants, reviewing and coordinating the budget input into the accounting system.
- Prepare and distribute monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
- Prepare journal entries, financial statements, and bank reconciliations.
- Support Asset Managers in review and preparation of monthly variance reports.
- Oversee accounts receivable process including monitoring cash receipts, reviewing and billing tenant recurring charges, and billing adjustments.
- Coordinate accounts payable process including reviewing invoice coding and approvals and ensuring proper audit trail is in place.
- Review leases, leasing activity, and critical lease dates to ensure accurate billing.
- Review operating agreements, joint venture agreements, and debt agreements to ensure compliance.
- Calculate development, construction, management, and asset management fees.
- Coordinate and prepare annual year-end expense reconciliation process.
- Assist in all audits including preparation of financial statements.
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders.
- Track and code all details of project / development costs by budget, commitments, actuals, and forecasts using Yardi job costing module.
- Prepare monthly progress draws from the Construction Manager, ensure completeness of back-up provided, and maintain all supporting documents.
- Assist in submission of monthly requirements to lenders.
- Assist in cash flow analysis, ensure adequate project liquidity, and process funding requests.
- Record journal entries, maintain and reconcile general ledgers, job cost, and other Yardi reports.
Qualifications of the Senior Accountant:
- 2+ years of previous experience in real estate, specifically in commercial office/industrial and development project accounting
- Excellent work ethic, self-motivated, proactive with meticulous attention to detail.
- Very strong organizational skills with a proven track record of multi-tasking across projects.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work well under pressure to meet established deadlines.
- Self-starter who views the value of working for a small, rapidly growing organization and the opportunity for exposure to many different aspects of the business.
- Seeks challenges and self-development; demonstrates high levels of expertise and shows commitment, self-confidence, and integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Client provided benefits available, upon eligibility .