JOB FUNCTION: Finance & Accounting
JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: New York, NY
$80k - $90k
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree
POSTED: May 23, 2019
Our client, is one of the nation’s leading luxury brands for women and men’s fashion. They are currently looking to expand their Finance & Accounting team in New York City with the addition of a Senior Accountant. This is a fast-paced and collaborative work environment, filled with driven and creative professionals.
Salary/Hourly Rate: $80,000 – $90,000
Position Overview: The Senior Accountant will report directly into the Accounting Manager. As an integral part of the Finance Team, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for all accounting functions across all distribution channels, including retail, wholesale and e-commerce. The ideal candidate will have a well-rounded background in Retail or Wholesale with three to five years’ experience in Accounting, preferably with CPA certification.
Responsibilities of the Senior Accountant:
- Responsible for month-end closings, bank reconciliations, preparing general ledgers & journal entries, revenue & expense accounts
- Prepare and maintain account receivables, balance sheets and P&L
- Budgeting, forecasting and analysis
- Assist with process changes and evaluate account activity
- Partner with specific departments such as FP&A, Marketing, Creative, Visual, and Merchandising teams across all business channels to accurately prepare monthly finance statements
Qualifications for the Senior Accountant:
- The Senior Accountant will be collaborative, a team player, and possess an eye for detail!
- The ideal Senor Accountant candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience
- CPA Highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree is required; MBA is a huge perk
- Must have experience working in a Retail or Wholesale
Benefits: Full benefits package included, medical, dental, vision, 401k & equity. Generous paid time off, sick days and flexible hours.