JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
REMOTE / ONSITE: Onsite
POSTED: Jun 14, 2022
Our client is a rapidly growing technology consulting firm currently seeking a Senior Billing Specialist to join their team.
$55k – $70k
Our client has an opportunity for an experienced Senior Billing Specialist to join the expanding Billing department. The Senior Billing Specialist is responsible for all aspects of client billing. The ideal candidate will prepare complex invoices while managing a large volume of client billing to include multiple business units and revenue streams. This role serves as the first escalation point for any discrepancy or invoicing matter needing further attention. This is not a remote/home-based position, though the team will have the ability to work from home one day a week after onboarding and training are complete.
Responsibilities of the Senior Billing Specialist:
- Perform full-cycle billing functions. This includes, but is not limited to, reviewing time entries, processing edits, transfers of time entries when necessary and preparing and posting final bills for the monthly billing cycle.
- Maintain a list of special arrangements, billing guidelines, preferences, bill rates, accrual notes, formatting and expense requirements for client matters and ensure these requirements are followed.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports and provide analysis of financial and historical data.
- Collaborate with AR to provide information to clients when requested.
- Resolve complex billing-related issues from internal and external clients.
- Assist with delivering training pertaining to policies and procedures in their particular area of expertise.
- Proactively seek and provide recommendations to improve existing billing processes, training needs, and resources.
- Serve as a mentor and assist in the training and development of Billing Specialists.
- Consistently model positive and professional behavior and encourage team to do the same.
- Communicate with clients and other departments, resolve issues, and provide clarifications.
- Ensure clients’ billing accounts are set up correctly and according to their requirements.
- Prepare reports and meet billing deadlines.
- Perform an analysis of purchase orders on a periodic basis to ensure funding is secured for the length of the contract.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications of the Senior Billing Specialist:
- 3+ years of billing experience, preferably within a professional services environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 is preferred.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to work effectively in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment and communicate clearly and directly with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to interact with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to work occasional overtime, as needed, in order to fulfil the firm’s goals.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly with Excel and Outlook.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field is preferred and/or equivalent work experience.
- Atrium Care Package available, upon eligibility.