JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: Cleburne, TX
REMOTE / ONSITE: Onsite
POSTED: Jan 11, 2023
Our client is a large manufacturer seeking to hire a Senior Cost Accountant to join their team.
$65k – $90k
The Senior Cost Accountant supports day-to-day plant accounting functions by providing timely and accurately reported financial information while ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles. A successful individual will have a focus on costs and areas where operational and management accounting principles will generate efficiencies for the operations.
Responsibilities of the Senior Cost Accountant:
- Supports Operations by monitoring, preparing, and evaluating detailed analytical reports regarding costs, productivity, efficiencies, spend and associates variances.
- Works with the Operations team to provide actional operating improvements and process improvements for cost efficiencies.
- Performs various general accounting activities including, but not limited to, journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Prepares and analyzes standard cost and vendor price comparison of ingredient and packaging materials to monitor and to report purchase price variances, labor efficiency variances, manufacturing variances, etc.
- Partners with Operations and Supply Chain to highlight potential inventory exposures and communicate for resolution and management.
- Monitors the progress, the completion, and the adherence to company policies of physical inventory counts of ingredients, packaging, finished goods and spare parts.
- Partners with Corporate Accounting and Operations to monitor and track capital spending to ensure projects are closed out timely and are in line with budget.
- Performs other related and assigned duties as necessary.
Qualifications for the Senior Cost Accountant:
- 2 + years of related work experience as a cost accountant or plant accountant in a manufacturing environment.
- Expert knowledge of manufacturing and managerial cost accounting principles, generally accepted accounting principles and cost accounting.
- Some experience with budgetary concepts and techniques, pricing concepts and techniques, and inventory control concepts and techniques.
- Basic knowledge of relevant department concepts, procedures, and regulations, and PC word-processing/spreadsheet software applications.
- Basic knowledge of project/assignment management techniques and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university.
- Client-provided benefits available, upon eligibility.