JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: Boston, MA
REMOTE / ONSITE: Hybrid
POSTED: Jun 22, 2022
Our client is currently seeking a Senior Fund Accountant to join their $48B global outsourced investment office acting for highly regarded endowments and foundations, senior investment professionals, and sophisticated ultra-high-net-worth families in Europe, North America, and Asia. They build long-term bespoke portfolios for their clients that invest across a range of traditional and alternative asset classes, with exposures built bottom-up through deep asset manager partnerships.
$95k – $110k plus 15% Target bonus.
The Senior Fund Accountant, located in Boston, will assist with overseeing all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the private funds or pooled vehicles. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in fund accounting, fund operations, and/or fund audits for private equity and/or hedge funds. The successful applicant should be ready for wide-ranging responsibilities in multiple areas and will be expected to be flexible and willing to contribute to the firm’s continued success.
Responsibilities of the Senior Fund Accountant:
- Oversee operations for $13 billion+ AUM within 70+ multi-asset class pooled vehicles, including launching new funds annually.
- Act as a project contributor for strategic and tactical operations projects to support the rapidly growing firm and team, with a focus on automation.
- Support the client and research teams through review and approval of accounting reports prepared by third-party administrators and associates, including wires, NAV packages, capital call, and distribution schedules, waterfall calculations, and client statements.
- Oversee and manage third-party relationships with administrators, auditors, tax providers, and lawyers.
- Support all pooled vehicle-related communications and interactions with the global firm and third-party providers.
- Act as the “information hub” of the organization and serve as a brand ambassador for the firm through management of the team inbox.
- Collaborate with other teams and service providers to research and problem-solve for clients.
- Review, mentor, and coach the analysts and associates on the team.
- Support the recruiting process as the team continues to expand.
Qualifications of the Senior Senior Fund Accountant:
- Dynamic, detail-oriented, driven, and comfortable managing multiple tasks at once.
- Outstanding track record of accomplishments and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Three+ years of experience working in private funds with a strong understanding of hedge fund and/or private equity fund operations.
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Comfort with data analysis and strong technical acumen, specifically in Microsoft Excel. VBA and SQL are a plus.
- Highly motivated, proactive, and anticipates what should be done to drive the business forward.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and take responsibility for all aspects of a task.
- Team player who is comfortable working in an entrepreneurial company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related area with a strong GPA.
- Professional development and career progression opportunities.
- Competitive compensation.
- Flexible “results-focused” working model.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Short and long-term disability insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Commuter benefits.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k) plan with employer matching.
- Global philanthropy via a charity program and volunteer day.
- Variety of wellness and social events.