JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: Coral Gables , FL
REMOTE / ONSITE: Hybrid
POSTED: Jul 25, 2022
Our client, an internationally known private equity firm, is looking to add a Senior Fund Accountant to their Accounting department. Our client is well-established in the industry yet growing rapidly.
$100k – $150k plus bonus.
The Senior Fund Accountant will join a strong and established team and have ample opportunities to grow, develop, and be successful in your career. The Senior Fund Accountant will assist with the execution of the day-to-day accounting operations, as well as the monthly and quarterly close, and financial reporting processes related to credit funds. The Senior Fund Accountant will supervise a small team of offshore accounting personnel. This will provide the candidate the management responsibilities and opportunities to build and grow a successful team.
Responsibilities of the Senior Fund Accountant:
- Work closely with the Investment and Operations teams daily to ensure the accounting books are accurate.
- Participate in monitoring all investments and analyzing the related performance.
- Train and supervise a team of offshore personnel as needed.
- Responsible for managing the accounting as well as the preparation and approval of the quarterly financial reports, and compliance and investor reporting for all assigned funds.
- Ensure compliance with the funds’ governing documents as well as GAAP and SEC requirements.
- Research and propose accounting guidance to facilitate discussion and conclusion with other senior fund accountant team members.
- Have a thorough understanding of all concepts within assigned funds’ governing documents (PPM, LPAs, IMAs, etc.) and be able to articulate and apply them correctly in carrying out day-to-day management of assigned funds.
- Review call/distribution notices, credit line draw/paydown/other notices, partner capital statements, and quarterly investor letters and liaise with the Investor Services team in the distribution of such deliverables and in preparing responses to periodic investor requests/questions.
- Assist in the quarterly review of the valuation process relating to assigned funds’ portfolio investments.
- Prepare analyses or responses to address requests from investment and/or origination professionals.
- Special projects as needed.
Qualifications of the Senior Fund Accountant:
- 2 – 4 years of related experience (e.g. hedge fund, private equity, bank, administrator, or public accounting).
- Big 4 experience or prior fund accounting experience is preferred.
- Experience with distressed debt, credit instruments, and/or originated loans is preferred.
- Strong Excel skills are a must.
- Experience with Investran or Virtual Portfolio Manager (“VPM”) is a plus.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Effective and self-motivated problem solver.
- Positive attitude with a team player mentality.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field is required.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Client provided benefits, upon eligibility.