JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: Boston, MA
REMOTE / ONSITE: Remote
POSTED: Sep 19, 2022
Our client is a leading investment management firm located in Boston, MA looking to bring on a Senior Fund Accountant. If you have excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills, then this is the position for you!
$120k – $130k
The Senior Fund Accountant will assist with overseeing all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the private funds or pooled vehicles. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in fund accounting, fund operations, and/or fund audits for private equity and/or hedge funds.
Responsibilities of the Senior Fund Accountant:
- Oversee operations for $13 billion+ AUM within 70+ multi-asset class pooled vehicles, including launching new funds annually.
- Support the Client and Research teams through review and approval of accounting reports prepared by third-party administrators and associates, including wires, NAV packages, capital call, and distribution schedules, waterfall calculations, and client statements.
- Oversee and manage third-party relationships with Administrators, Auditors, Tax Providers, and Lawyers.
- Act as the “information hub” of the organization and serve as a brand ambassador for the firm through management of the team inbox.
- Review, mentor, and coach the Analysts and Associates on the team.
Qualifications of the Senior Fund Accountant:
- Three+ years of experience working in private funds with a strong understanding of hedge fund and/or private equity fund operations.
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Comfort with data analysis, specifically in Microsoft Excel.
- VBA and SQL are a plus.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and take responsibility for all aspects of a task.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, or related field.
- Strong GPA is required.
- Full benefits provided by the client.