SENIOR FUND ACCOUNTANT
JOB FUNCTION: Finance & Accounting
JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: New York, NY
$95k - $110k
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree
POSTED: Mar 17, 2020
Our client, a rapidly growing leader & trusted authority on digital currency investing is looking to bring on a driven Senior Fund Accountant to join their dynamic team. They offer an awesome work experience: open floor plan, company sponsored lunches, team events, bagel Fridays, corporate cell phone and computer, unlimited PTO, and great benefits. The Senior Fund Accountant is a full-time, and newly created position located in NYC open due to growth.
$95k – $110k plus bonus
The Senior Fund Accountant reports directly into the VP of Finance. You would support the continued growth of their existing investment products and play a key role in supporting other digital currency-focused investments. This is a great opportunity to be apart of a lean team and be deeply involved in a full range of accounting and finance activities! The ideal candidate will be someone who is a go-getter and is eager to be challenged and add value!
Responsibilities of the Senior Fund Accountant:
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements for multiple funds/trusts/investment vehicles
- Generate underlying support documentation & tie-out of quarterly financial statements (10-Qs and 10-Ks)
- Support all accounting operations for the trusts and asset manager
- Assist in managing the audit process
- Become a key person in the implementation, performance of internal controls
- Daily publishing of fund performance and NAV on various platforms
- Ad-hoc projects and requests as assigned and needed
Qualifications for the Senior Fund Accountant:
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4+ years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related field
- CPA license or parts passed OR public/private accounting experience
- Advanced Excel skills, experience with Workiva a plus
- Systems savvy / technology enthusiast
- Analytical thinker that can work independently in a fast-paced environment!
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Medical, dental, vision – 90% covered for employee, spouse & children, 401k, competitive base + bonus
- Gorgeous office – open floor plan; business casual dress and laid back!