JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: New York , NY
REMOTE / ONSITE: Hybrid
POSTED: Jan 11, 2022
Our client is a leading retail chain and apparel company in NYC who is seeking to hire a Senior Manager, Master Data Office to join their team.
This role is a Senior Manager of the Master Data Office, a new enterprise team, fully supported and evangelized by the C-Suite, transforming how data drives business value at a highly successful and nationwide retailer. Master data is the core reference data around which business is conducted (e.g. supplier master list, product hierarchy etc.). There are 5 key domains (product, item, supplier, org, location) that this professional will be working with.
Responsibilities of the Senior Manager, Master Data Office:
- Responsible for managing the Supplier Master Data domain (data, team and operational processes)
- Ensuring data integrity through governance and compliance while managing business demand. You will be the subject matter expert for merchandise systems, vendor management and processes
- Responsible for building the strategic roadmap and executing to these strategies by working closely with business stakeholders (Senior Merchants) and our strategic partners (Legal, Finance, IT) to analyze, cleanse, enrich, and continuously refresh
Qualifications for the Senior Manager, Master Data Office:
- 7-10 years of experience, preferably in the retail environment, or at least in a consultative capacity with a strong understanding of process, data and systems
- Prior exposure and experience with Data Governance and Administration is highly preferred, and strong analytical and quantitative ability with a good sense of how to structure problems is a must
- Good experience with project management business process documentation is important, as well as the ability to work with multiple stakeholders across different departments
- Terrific communication and collaboration skills are a must, as well as flexibility and the ability to work effectively in the grey
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance or CS, with an MBA preferred
- Provided through Company
As a woman owned firm, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.