JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: Boston, MA
REMOTE / ONSITE: Onsite
POSTED: Jun 17, 2022
Our client is a minority-owned real estate company located in the heart of Boston. They have a long history of serving families in the affordable housing sector of Greater Boston and they are looking to add an accomplished Senior Property Manager – Affordable Housing for their Affordable Housing division. They are a fast-paced working environment comprised of industry professionals and we are looking to add an experienced Senior Property Manager – Affordable Housing to manage our Affordable Housing properties.
$80/hr – $95k
The Senior Property Manager – Affordable Housing will be responsible for managing 400 units of section 8 and LIHTC housing. The Senior Property Manager – Affordable Housing will be instrumental in creating and managing the complete financials of the property. The Senior Property Manager – Affordable Housing will also be responsible for leading a team of property management professionals to ensure that the property operates smoothly.
Responsibilities of the Senior Property Manager – Affordable Housing:
- Manage a portfolio of 400 Section 8 and LIHTC Affordable units.
- Provide excellent customer service to tenants and ensure that all lease terms are being followed.
- Ensure that the property is well maintained and that all maintenance tasks are completed in a timely fashion.
- Lead and mentor your Property Management team.
- Oversee all purchasing functions for capital improvements including collecting project bids from outside vendors.
- Ensure that the recertifications for your property are up to date and correct.
- Coordinate the unit take-over process including unit inspections, applicant interviews, and supervising the procedures for the waiting list.
- Stay informed of market conditions and implement a marketing program to maximize occupancy rates.
- Oversee rent collection, minimize rent delinquency, and when necessary, manage the eviction process.
- Review the generation of operating reports and subsidy vouchers.
Qualifications of the Senior Property Manager – Affordable Housing:
- At least 5 years of experience working in property management.
- Experience conducting recertifications for Section 8 and LIHTC units.
- Experience managing a team of at least 3 individuals.
- Experience managing a property of at least 100 units.
- An effective communicator who can get along with a variety of personalities.
- High school diploma/GED.
- A comprehensive employer-provided benefits package.