JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: Roswell, GA
REMOTE / ONSITE: Hybrid
POSTED: Nov 7, 2022
Our client is a large international manufacturer seeking to hire a Senior Tax Accountant to join their team.
$85k – $90K plus bonus
The Senior Tax Accountant prepares, analyzes, and reviews tax records, returns, and reports.
Responsibilities of the Senior Tax Accountant:
- Prepare and self-review federal, state, and local income tax returns.
- Prepare and self-review quarterly estimated tax computations and semi-annual tax provisions.
- Prepare tax account analysis and reconciliation.
- Develop and maintain tax records and tax process documentation.
- Prepare miscellaneous tax studies and projects.
- Interpret and apply corporate tax law and policy.
- Manage and review the work of temporary tax staffing and/or Tax Accountants on special projects.
- Research and resolve issues related to specific tax compliance assignments.
- Manage and resolve federal and state tax notice issues.
- Communicate with the Accounting department and others to gather necessary tax information for compliance and issue resolution.
- Maintain various tax department databases for accuracy and completeness.
- Maintain and periodically review tax calendar for accuracy and completeness.
- Develop, train, and mentor the Tax Analyst and other less experienced team members.
- Review tax fixed asset information.
Qualifications of the Senior Tax Accountant:
- 2 to 4 years of corporate tax experience. Income tax is preferred.
- “Big 4” public accounting income tax experience is preferred.
- Excellent computer skills and should have a working knowledge of PC spreadsheet applications (e.g. Excel).
- Proficiency in Sage Fixed Assets software is preferred.
- Experience using corporate tax return and provision software (e.g. OneSource, CorpTax, and Longview)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. Accounting is preferred.
- Masters degree in Accounting or Tax is preferred.
- CPA is preferred.
- Client-provided benefits available, upon eligibility.