JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: New York, NY
REMOTE / ONSITE: Onsite
POSTED: Sep 9, 2022
Our client, a leading Woman’s and Men’s private label apparel company, is seeking a Senior Technical Designer – Men’s Denim to join their team. The Senior Technical Designer- Men’s Denim must have experience in tech design for men’s denim and pattern making to be considered.
$90k – $110k Based on experience
The Senior Technical Designer – Men’s Denim will work with and/or oversee the Technical Design team to maintain the flow of information between factories and internal departments. The Senior Technical Designer – Men’s Denim must be able to perform basic tech-related tasks as outlined below and have a strong understanding of pattern making and pattern corrections.
Responsibilities of the Senior Technical Designer – Men’s Denim:
- Assist the Category team in setting a fit strategy for the season.
- Develop fit standards within a category or product group to ensure consistency throughout product lines, keeping in mind the brand DNA.
- Develop tech packs and follow fit from development through production.
- Translate and/or communicate design concept to generate a 2D pattern that incorporates proportional lines, fit requirements, and construction feasibility.
- Review and fit samples on live model, form, or 3D avatar and provide fit recommendations and direction.
- Work hand-in-hand with the overseas Tech team, attend virtual fittings, provide technical recommendations, and finalize grading.
- Manage fit sessions and work closely with Design to understand the creative vision of the line and translate design concepts into 3D product.
- Provide technical recommendations to the Design staff to create consistency of fit/construction to help achieve design concepts and category initiatives.
- Work with design and overseas teams to cost engineer styles.
- Represent the Design team as needed in follow-up and decision-making related to aesthetics of assigned styles after each season’s prototype review.
Qualifications of the Senior Technical Designer – Men’s Denim:
- 7 + years of experience in technical design of apparel with relevant experience in pattern making.
- Microsoft Excel, Word, Adobe, and PLM experience.
- Experience with pattern 3D software is preferred.
- Experience working with overseas teams.
- Pattern making experience including ability to utilize pattern CAD software.
- Ability to create a pattern, grade, mark, construct, and fit a garment and to write product specs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Apparel, Technical Design, Textile Sciences or a related field is required.
- Upon request.