JOB TYPE: Temp
LOCATION: Lodi, NJ
REMOTE / ONSITE: Hybrid
POSTED: Nov 17, 2022
Our client is looking for a motivated Staff Accountant to join their Accounting team. If you are looking for an organization that has a high quality and well-known reputation, then this is the perfect fit for you!
$24/hr – $30/hr
The Staff Accountant works in a leadership role to analyze and present data related to the financial status of the company. They use their specialized experience working with business budgets and accounts to ensure the company is meeting its goals. This position will play a key role in the organization’s strategy and long-term financial security. The Staff Accountant will collaborate with the Operations team to analyze finances and develop budgets that will keep the company’s costs down.
Responsibilities of the Staff Accountant:
- Assists in the management of all company accounting records including the books of original entry, supporting analysis of accounts and schedules.
- Oversees basic accounting procedures (A/R, A/P, time billing, P/R, G/L, and tax payments).
- Manages cash flow by reviewing banking activity and reconciling monthly reports, AP & AR and any other sources of funds, bank, and capital.
- Monitors and assists in the management of daily, weekly, and monthly bills and invoices reconciliations.
- Tracks, manages, and reconciles both asset and liability accounts, including intercompany transactions and accounts.
- Tracks and manages disbursements and entries for project and company payroll, including the classification of labor and reconciliation of worker’s compensation and health insurance contributions & matching the reports to books.
- Reviews, analyzes and reconciles general ledger accounts and investment transactions in conjunction with preparing quarterly reports for management.
- Communicates with customers to address any past-due invoices on their account and provides weekly status updates to management.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly management reporting.
Qualifications of the Staff Accountant:
- 2+ years of Accounting experience.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Advanced accounting knowledge and experience sufficient to independently track, manage, reconcile, and analyze financial statements.
- Ability to use reporting capabilities of the system and maintain the chart of accounts with customizations to fit business needs.
- Established experience in Excel is a must (proficient user is required).
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and engage in cross-functional collaboration.
- Balance sheet and P&L statements experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field is required.
- Atrium Care Package available, upon eligibility.