JOB FUNCTION: Finance & Accounting
JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: New York, NY
$60k - $70k
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree
POSTED: Mar 25, 2020
Our client is a well-known, rapidly-growing, international, Consumer Product brand headquartered right in NYC. As one of the most successful brands within their space, they have become a household name across the United States. Their global presence, and everyday products, lead them to outperform competitors consistently. This company offers a competitive compensation package plus bonus, 100% covered benefits, unlimited PTO, catered lunches, and more! This Staff Accountant role is a full-time position located NYC.
$60,000 – $70,000 + bonus
The Staff Accountant is a newly created position open due to growth, reporting directly to the Accounting Manager and Controller. This position works alongside two other Staff Accountants and one Senior Accountant. You will play a key role in the day-to-day accounting processes and procedures of the company. In this role, you will work closely with the Finance Team on the month-end close as well. The ideal candidate will be someone who is a self-starter, team-player, and is looking to grow with a dynamic company!
Responsibilities of the Staff Accountant:
- Responsible for all day-to-day accounting operations
- Assisting with the month-end close process
- Analysis and the reporting of all General Ledger entries
- Preparing and posting journal entries during month-end close
- Ad-hoc projects as needed
Qualifications for the Staff Accountant:
- The ideal candidate will have 2-3+ years of accounting experience
- Advanced Excel skills, experience with ERP systems is a plus
- Public accounting experience or CPA preferred – NOT required
- Attention to detail & ability to multi-task
- Industry experience is an added plus!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, competitive base +bonus!
- Open floor plan; casual dress and friendly office!