JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: Concord, MA
REMOTE / ONSITE: Hybrid
POSTED: Jun 17, 2022
Our client is a well-known consumer packaged goods, food and beverage manufacturing company providing healthy products for generations! They are currently seeking a Strategic Sourcing Manager to join their team.
$130k plus targeted bonus (depending on experience)
Our client is looking for a Strategic Sourcing Manager to join their growing team and drive sourcing strategies that deliver growth and cost objectives. The Strategic Sourcing Manager is responsible for all aspects of sourcing several strategic supply categories with a total spend accountability of ~$60 – $80MM+.
Responsibilities of the Strategic Sourcing Manager:
- Provide cross functional leadership across your strategic supply categories to drive value added projects.
- Develop and implement strategic sourcing strategies to drive total best value (cost, quality, cost of capital, etc.).
- Develop meaningful relationships and collaborate across departments.
- Responsible for identifying, cultivating, and managing vendor and industry relationships.
- Manage overall supplier relationships including supplier performance, capability development, cost and quality improvements.
- Analyze commodity/raw material market trends and make strategic recommendations to manage market commodity risk.
- Drive total cost of ownership thinking, cost modelling, and analytics for the group.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications of the Strategic Sourcing Manager:
- 3 – 5+ years of direct sourcing, buying, or procurement experience required. Packaging materials, indirect materials, or food ingredients is preferred.
- Experience with sourcing, buying, or procurement within the CPG or food industries is preferred.
- Engages in healthy dialogue and makes decisions with the client’s best interest in mind.
- Continuously challenges the status quo and seeks ways to improve and develop.
- Action-oriented, innovative deal maker, and expert negotiator with a passion for driving value.
- Demonstrated cross-functional leadership success required with ability to lead through influence.
- Must possess influencing and collaboration skills.
- Commodity risk management / financial hedging experience is preferred.
- Makes decisions that positively impact the current and future state of the business.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in a related field such as Finance, Business, or Supply Chain (Purchasing or Operations related field).
- 401k with company match