JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: Iselin, NJ
REMOTE / ONSITE: Onsite
POSTED: Nov 22, 2022
Our client has earned a reputation for delivering world-class goods to customers around the globe. They are looking for a Supply Chain Coordinator to join their team and explore how a genuine passion for great products and the latest innovations, along with investments in the best people and facilities, continue to honor their founder’s legacy.
The Supply Chain Coordinator is responsible for the supervision of the inbound and outbound traffic, managing the buying and delivery process of goods or services, and the placement and delivery of purchase orders.
Responsibilities of the Supply Chain Coordinator:
- Enter ocean import shipment information into the system and create ocean import documentation including ISF (duties & tariffs), arrival notices, invoices, delivery orders, and file settlement reports.
- Assist customers on the telephone and through e-mail by acting as the central point of contact between the customer and all departments.
- Communicate with customs brokers and overseas agents regarding shipment details and problem resolution.
- Communicate with carriers to verify inbound arrival information.
- Update and forward customer shipment tracking reports as required by customers’ Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Arrange trucking to customers’ warehouses as required by the SOPs.
- Communicate with freight locations to verify shipment availability.
- Identify and resolve issues causing delays in ocean cargo movement.
- Communicate with internal teams to update customer SOPs as necessary.
- Create and forward back-up documentation for accounts payable for payments on appropriate A/P posted items.
- Review and notate shipment file number of trucker invoices.
- Approve invoices for payment by the Accounting department.
Qualifications of the Supply Chain Coordinator:
- 3 – 5 years minimum experience in imports via ocean and air freight with foreign documentation is a must.
- Knowledge of US administration regulations and other government agency requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- 401k (no match).