JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: New York, NY
REMOTE / ONSITE: Onsite
POSTED: Nov 14, 2022
Our client is a luxury fashion house seeking a Warehouse Associate to join their team.
$17/hr – $19/hr
The Warehouse Associate helps support the retail, wholesale, and e-commerce business. This role includes fulfilling outgoing orders and receive incoming shipments while ensuring accuracy and product integrity. The Warehouse Associate will participate in inventory, reticketing, quality assurance, and warehouse and prop studio organization.
Responsibilities of the Warehouse Associate:
- Check, verify, and fill orders through shipping and inventory systems
- Receive and reticket product Sort and prepare merchandise by category
- Organize stock and maintain inventory
- Use computerized inventory systems to keep track of product
- Use RFID or PDA scanners to scan product
- Create shipping labels using computerized systems with carriers such as UPS, DHL, and FedEx
- Communicate shipping and ticket discrepancies to Warehouse Management to prevent inventory issues
- Participate in scheduled warehouse inventory
- Ensure accuracy with all product handling
- Prevent stock damage and loss by handling product with a high level of care and attention to detail
- Organize prop storage area Utilize the supply chain system
- Physically move shipment boxes and product to different parts of the warehouse
- Shrink wrap skids before shipment/storage
- Support drivers with local delivers
Qualifications of the Warehouse Associate:
- Experience in commercial warehouse, shipper, or similar environment.
- Ability to stand up to 8 hours a day without assistance.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds on an unassisted basis, repetitively.
- Basic Computer Skills including Microsoft Excel
- Professional experience using inventory management, supply chain systems
- Past professional experience of shipping software such as UPS, DHL, and FedEx
- Attention to detail, punctuality, and reliability are essential
- Safe operation of all material handling equipment, including pallet jacks, forklifts, etc.
- High school diploma is required
- Furnished upon request