NATIONWIDE INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR COMPLIANCE
Atrium uses a white glove approach which promotes a comprehensive and consistent evaluation method. The Atrium Compliance team is made up of experts with extensive experience in evaluating independent contractors (IC) and is well versed in federal and state guidelines that determine compliant worker status. To mitigate client risk, Atrium offers indemnification for IC misclassification.
Classification begins with outreach to the independent worker to introduce the process and perform a preliminary qualification. A formal online evaluation is then performed using Engagent, our proprietary IC engagement application. With the support of Engagent, Atrium is able to facilitate a superior user experience to clients and identified independent workers alike.
KNOW YOUR RISK
In Fiscal Year 2015, the DOL’s Wage and Hour Division (WHD) investigations resulted in more than $74 million in back wages for more than 102,000 workers.
Would your company pass an audit?
OUR WORKFORCE SOLUTIONS FIRM OFFERS:
- Compliance Expertise: If you think of grade school when you hear “A-B-C Test”, the Atrium Compliance team is here to help. Made of up of experts with extensive experience in the evaluation of Independent Contractors, the Atrium team is well versed in the federal and state guidelines that determine IC status.
- Technology: We’re putting compliance in the palm of your hand – literally. Workers are referred and assessments are performed via Engagent, making Independent Contractor classification a less onerous and more efficient process.
- Billing Agent: Compliant Independent Contractors are engaged as subcontractors of Atrium; we take care of invoices, payment and issuing annual 1099 forms. Trust us: your Accounts Payable Department will thank you.
YOUR COMPANY GETS:
- Risk Mitigation: Indemnification against misclassification, contract execution, periodic re-assessment and audit preparedness are just a few of the things we manage for our clients who utilize our IC Evaluation and Engagement services.
- Time Savings: We don’t like to brag, but chasing down forms is what we do best. When we engage Independent Contractors, we take responsibility for the collection and storage of all documents associated with the engagement. You just have to provide a few details to get us started and we’ll take it from there.
- Cost Savings through Talent Re-Deployment: View profiles, work samples and engagement history of all Independent Contractors (past and present) in Engagent and quickly access proven performers to save on recruiting costs.
A state of the art proprietary technology that seamlessly supports the IC compliance evaluation process. This platform creates process efficiencies, enhances compliance and reduces misclassification risk.