You work hard and pay taxes. You put on airs every day to be the upstanding, productive citizen that your mama raised you to be. But why does it have to be so exhausting? Why is the work day so long? And why, for the love of god, why did your coworker just microwave his fishy lunch in the break room?
We don’t have the answers to any of these questions, but we do feel your pain. What we can offer you, what is really our salute to you, is this compilation of work memes to let you know we get it. We stand with you in solidarity. At the end of the day, we all just need a nap, a snack and a couple hours of internet indulgence. So, without further ado, please enjoy this meme-icle.
1. “Just get a job already!” Why didn’t I think of that? I’ll just go pluck a promising job from my overflowing job tree.
2. Honest response: My landlord won’t accept monopoly money anymore, so here I am.
3. Ah, I remember my first day of work.
4. Every once in a while, we all like to put in a little extra effort, but it usually doesn’t work out.
5. When the new employee looks promising, so you take them under your wing like the good Samaritan you are.
6. The trials and tribulations of being an exceptionally punctual employee.
7. Of course, rushing to work during the colder seasons is exponentially worse.
8. Trying to save money at the office like…
9. A moment of silence for all the staff meetings that could be avoided if people actually read their emails.
10. When a work associate sends you an unsolicited friend request on Facebook or Instagram.
11. Why does a scarecrow need a brain anyhow?
12. Yes! More job, much more job. It’s all I wanted.
13. It costs $0.00 to stay in your lane.
14. Office drama that we can all get on board with to spice up our Tuesday.
15. Not today, Sheryl. Not. To. Day.
16. A little Office humor if you will. Ha, ha, ha… I’ll show myself out.
17. The nuisance of my nuisance is my ally.
18. When you just don’t have the patience anymore.
19. You have got to be kitten me right meow. I’m trying to work! #animalpuns
20. Doggone it! I wasn’t even responsible for this. #animalpuns
21. I’m a frugal, economically wise adult. My paycheck will go towards rent and savings.
22. Taxes, honey, you’re being so rude right now.
23. A new Keurig in the breakroom isn’t the kind of employee care I’m looking for, Carol.
24. This is fine. Everything’s fine.
25. If you feel good when you leave work, something is wrong. Terribly wrong.
26. If you don’t think you have “that one person” in your office then I’m sorry to say but you are probably that person.
27. When you have no idea what you’re doing so you cover it up with feebly executed humor.
28. This is not a drill. SOS.
29. When it’s all said and done you can look back on the day and think…
30. Lucky for you, tomorrow the slate will be wiped clean and you can start the day brimming with energy and positivity as I am sure you always do.
Haven’t filled your distraction quota yet? Check out this GIF-icle that perfectly explains what it’s like to work with a recruiter.